- New Enquiries
Emma qualified in 1992 and joined Johnson Astills in 2000. She specialises in all aspects of relationship breakdown and arrangements for children including:
- Divorce, judicial separation and dissolution of civil partnerships
- Financial settlements on divorce and between unmarried couples
- Financial settlements involving high value assets and/or businesses
- Complex Children Act cases including arrangements for children including parental responsibility orders, child arrangements orders, specific issues orders and prohibited steps orders
- Collaborative law
- Emma was awarded Solicitor of the Year 2014/2015 by Leicestershire Law Society.
- Emma is a Standards Committee Member of Resolution
- Emma is accredited with the Law Society under the category Family Law Advanced for her finance and children specialism
Emma takes recommendation work only. She often receives referral work from the opposing party who has recognised her to be persuasive, effective and tenacious with her representation. She is known to exercise good judgement, to be able to assess a situation rapidly and offers pragmatic and honest advice. Emma actively promotes alternative forms of dispute resolution, though is a capable and effective advocate with extensive experience in conducting financial and children proceedings. An active member of Resolution, a national body of family law professionals committed to dealing with matters in a sensitive, constructive and cost effective way.
Team: Family Team