‘I am perfectly satisfied with the way the case was handled. My solicitor was very efficient, easy to communicate with and was very clear on what the outcome would or could be and who worked well.’
Emma qualified in 1992 and joined Emery Johnson Astills in 2000. She became Partner in 2003. She specialises in all aspects of relationship breakdown and arrangements for children including:
- Divorce, judicial separation and dissolution of civil partnerships
- Financial settlements on divorce and between unmarried couples
- Financial settlements involving high value assets and/or businesses
- Complex Children Act cases including arrangements for children including parental responsibility orders, child arrangements orders, specific issues orders and prohibited steps orders
- Collaborative law
- Emma was awarded Solicitor of the Year 2014/2015 by Leicestershire Law Society.
- Emma is a Standards Committee Member of Resolution
- Emma is a Trustee on the Board of Abbeyfields, Loughborough
Emma takes recommendation work only. She often receives referral work from the opposing party who has recognised her to be persuasive, effective and tenacious with her representation. She is known to exercise good judgement, to be able to assess a situation rapidly and offers pragmatic and honest advice.
Team: Family Team