- New Enquiries
Emma joined Johnson Astills in 2016 and Heads up the Care Team. In 2017 she was made Associate then Partner, now a Director, in 2019.
Emma attended the University of Derby when she obtained her Law degree. She completed the Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Trent University in 1999. Emma qualified in 2002 and practised both Criminal and Childcare Law for 10 years before choosing to specialise in Childcare Law. Emma is a Higher Court Advocate.
Emma is an experienced Solicitor specialising in representing immediate and extended family members including children in all aspects of Childcare Law including:
- Care and Supervision Orders
- Emergency Protection Orders
- Secure Accommodation Orders
- Placement Orders and Adoption
- Discharge of Care Orders and contact with a child in Care
- Special Guardianship Orders
- Arrangements for children where the child is separately represented
- Pre-proceedings advice where Social Services are holding a Child Protection Conference or Pre-proceedings Meeting
- Advice regarding section 20 Children Act 1989
- Advice to family members regarding a negative assessment completed by Social Services in relation to a family member’s ability to care for a child
Emma is a member of the Specialist Law Society Children Panel and a member of the Association of Lawyers for Children.
Emma is a Dementia Friend
Team: Care Team