Johnson Astills Solicitors Banner Image

Our Services

Child Care & Issues Involving Social Services

At Johnson Astills we understand that it can be frightening having Social Services involved with your family.  Sometimes it can be the start of receiving help and support that you have been looking for but sometimes it can be the start of a process of meetings and Court hearings that worry you and make you feel powerless.

Members of the Law Society's Children Panel and Resolution

It is important that you seek expert legal advice at the outset of any involvement with Social Services.  Our Care team have vast experience of working with parents, children and families who need advice and assistance.  Many of our team are members of specialist panels such as the Law Society Children Panel and Resolution.  They will give you support and clear sensible advice to provide you with the best prospects of achieving what you want for your children.

We understand how worrying and stressful the process can be and offer a friendly and sympathetic yet professional approach.

Child Protection Conferences

Our team is available to attend child protection conferences with you and pre-proceedings meetings.  Legal aid is often available for these conferences and meetings and our specialist team will be happy to assess your eligibility and this can normally be done over the phone. Please contact us on 0800 059 0600 or email us at to discuss this further.

In cases where the Local Authority start Court proceedings, Legal Aid will usually be available and our team will guide and support you through the process and apply for funding for you.  We will advise you at every stage of the proceedings.  We will represent you in Court so that your voice is heard.  Our team understand how distressing this process can be and what is at stake and work hard to keep families together. 

In addition to representing parents and children, we also represent other family members such as grandparents and aunts and uncles who wish to care for children. 

Special Guardianship Orders and Child Arrangement Orders

Our team can also provide advice in relation to Special Guardianship Orders and Child Arrangement Orders.  We also represent children directly where appropriate to do so.

If you, your children or a member of your family are involved with Social Services, contact us on 0800 059 0600 or email us at for immediate expert advice and representation.