Thank you for looking at our services for Motoring Offences. Motoring offences can happen to any individual and the penalties can be serious, with potential outcomes including fines, disqualification or in some cases imprisonment.
If you have been charged with a motoring offence, such as speeding, driving without due care and attention or driving whilst under the influence, you will require professional legal advice to help limit any possible consequences.
We have a team with over 50 years of combined experience who can assist you at what is likely to be a stressful time for you and your family. We will provide advice on what happens next and represent you at each stage of the process.
You will have the confidence that you are our priority, with our aim being that any member of the team is available to speak with you when you need some clarity and certainty at any stage leading up to, during and after your hearing. The Team is supervised by a Partner of the firm with over 15 years’ experience.
We are proud to hold Lexcel and Criminal Litigation Accreditations, issued by the Law Society. This involves the firm undergoing a rigorous audit process which ensures we maintain the highest levels of client care.
Our fees for dealing with motoring offences can vary depending on whether the plea is Guilty or Not Guilty and the number of hearings involved. We will need to obtain all the facts and details of your personal circumstances and will liaise with the Court and the CPS in advance and on the day of any hearing.
Our fees will typically include:
- Considering evidence
- Providing advice in relation to the plea and likely sentence
- Discussing with you where there may be exceptional circumstances, or a special reasons argument should be made to the court
- Representation at a single hearing
We offer both fixed fees and hourly rates, whereby you will be charged for each hour of work undertaken. Our hourly rate will differ depending on the experience of the fee earner dealing with your case.
Examples of our fixed fee charges are detailed below.
Fixed Fee – Guilty plea
Legal Fee to include:
Preparation (considering evidence, taking instructions and advising) and attendance and representation at a single Magistrates Court hearing will be £450 plus VAT (£540). This does not include disbursements.
Fixed Fee – Not Guilty Plea
Legal Fee to include:
Preparation (considering evidence, taking instructions to include taking witness statements and advising), attendance at the initial hearing and a 1 day contested hearing before the Magistrates Court should range between £1500 - £3000 plus VAT (£1800 - £3600).
We will provide price information on any additional services, such as sourcing expert witnesses or advising on an appeal as appropriate.
Our fees are fixed and include the items detailed above, however there may be factors which would typically increase the cost of the fees involved in your case. Where there is likely to be any additional cost, we will make sure you are informed of this at the earliest opportunity and a clear estimate of those extra costs will be provided.
Factors that may lead to an increase in cost include:
- Instruction of any expert witnesses
- Providing advice and assistance in in relation to any special reasons hearing
- Providing advice or assistance on appeal
- Attendance at a Court outside the Leicestershire area
- Exceptional Hardship Application
- Hearing before the Crown Court
We are not always able to provide timescales of when your hearing will take place as this will depend on the court fixtures and court listing for any particular day. We will make every effort to keep you up-to-date on any issues affecting the time it will take to deal with your case.
There are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. They may be as follows:
- Meeting with your Solicitor to provide instructions
- Disclosure – where we will consider the initial disclosure provided, with any evidence and provide advice on that basis
- We will go through the court process with you, so you are fully aware of what to expect on the day or your hearing
- We will discuss the sentencing options available to the court
- We will undertake any preparatory work within the time frame of the fixed fee and obtain your instructions
- We will attend court on the day and meet you before being called to be before the court.
- We will discuss the outcome of the court hearing with you, next steps and any additional costs.