Expert knowledge and attention to detail
At Emery Johnson Astills we understand that buying or selling a home, remortgaging or even leasing commercial premises can be stressful, with the need to get all the details right, often in a time-frame.
The property law team at Emery Johnson Astills appreciate that you have countless practical considerations including pressing timescales and it might be easy to view conveyancing as a simple and straightforward exercise.
However, property is a significant long-term investment and, with so much at stake, expert specialist conveyancing can make the difference between a safe transaction or a long term liability.
That’s why Emery Johnson Astills’ conveyancing solicitors approach every transaction as if it were their own. With extensive experience, we’ve seen most contractual pitfalls and can explain the finer details of complex clauses to ensure that you know exactly what is or should be included or be excluded from your property contract and what your obligations might be.
We aim to make the process clear and as hassle and stress free as possible. In most cases we can give a clear indication of costs and often a fixed fee so there are no hidden surprises along the way. This allows you to budget for your new property and focus on shopping for that new sofa or other soft furnishings.
Emery Johnson Astills are proud to be a member of the Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS), awarded by The Law Society.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to one of our expert conveyancing solicitors in Leicester or Loughborough today.
Our property law expertise
Our residential conveyancing services
We offer a friendly, reliable conveyancing service for all types of residential property transactions, including:
- Buying and selling residential property
- Transfer of equity
- Buying leasehold property & lease extensions
- Severance of joint tenancy
- Organising Energy Performance Certificates
Our commercial conveyancing services
We offer an efficient, commercially-minded conveyancing service for all types of commercial property transactions, including:
- Sale and purchase of freehold properties
- Acquisition and disposal of leasehold premises
- Tenancy agreements and shorthold agreements
- Commercial mortgages and re-mortgages
- Grant of new Lease
- Assignment of existing leases
- Sale and purchase of small businesses
Fixed fee conveyancing in Leicester & Loughborough
In most cases, we are able to offer our conveyancing service on a fixed fee basis. This means we will quote you a price at the outset, including a transparent breakdown of all of the costs involved, giving you complete certainty over how much you will pay.
For more complex conveyancing work, we can also agree a fixed hourly rate, allowing us to provide the flexible support you need to ensure every detail is taken care of.
Our fixed fee conveyancing service covers the entire conveyancing process, including:
- Drafting/reviewing contracts and supporting documents
- Carrying out local authority searches and other property searches, investigating the property’s title, identity checks and other necessary checks and searches
- Handling exchange of contracts (making the sale legally binding)
- Handling transfer of funds, including the deposit and balance of payment
- Ensuring any relevant Stamp Duty and other taxes are paid
- Registering the change of title with the Land Registry
- Sending a copy of the title deed to your mortgage lender (where relevant)
- Notifying the freeholder (if the property is leasehold)
Online conveyancing in Leicester & Loughborough
We realise that most people want their conveyancing to fit around their schedule, which is why we offer a flexible conveyancing service that can be carried out entirely remotely if required.
Working by email, over the phone and through other modern technology, there is no longer any need for you to physically visit our offices if it is not convenient for you to do so.
This means we can offer the same high quality, reliable conveyancing service no matter where you are based in the UK or internationally.
Contact our conveyancing lawyers in Leicester & Loughborough
Our conveyancing solicitors provide reliable, expert residential property law advice and services for clients across Leicestershire and the East Midlands from our 2 local offices in Leicester and Loughborough.