News and Events
Chelsea  Harris

Care Proceedings are lasting longer in Court due to COVID-19

  • Posted

The duration of Care Proceedings in Court has increased since the beginning of the lockdown and has reached the longest length since the 26-week target rule was introduced in 2014, despite the number of cases being issued falling in 2019. Care Proceedings...

The Local Authority want to complete a Risk Assessment, what does this mean?

  • Posted

The Local Authority are likely to want to complete a risk assessment where they consider there to be a likelihood of a significant risk of harm to a child. Where there are concerns around domestic violence in a relationship, allegations of sexual or physical...

Will I get free legal advice if the Local Authority become involved with my family?

  • Posted

Depending upon the extent of the involvement by the Local Authority, you may be eligible for free legal help under three levels of public funding Legal Help Level 1, Legal Help Level 2 or Full Representation. The lowest level of Local Authority involvement...

Can my information be shared between my Care Proceedings and Criminal Proceedings?

  • Posted

The simple answer is yes. Your information can be disclosed and shared between proceedings governed by the 2013 protocol and good practice model . In Care Proceedings, there is a form Annex D that the Local Authority will complete and send to the police to...