News and Events
Jessica  Latimer

How can I assist a family member/friend who has lost capacity and is now unable to manage their finances?

  • Posted

Where a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) or an Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) for someone’s property and finances has not been put in place prior to a loved one losing mental capacity, Deputyship may need to be applied for, to manage their affairs...

How can someone find my Will after I die?

  • Posted

You may choose to share the location of your Will with your family members or perhaps you keep a good record in your files. However, family members may not remember what you have told them or are not sure where to look when they need to find your Will. ...

Appointeeship - What is an Appointee?

  • Posted

An Appointee is an individual/organisation registered with the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP). The nominated Appointee is allowed to receive another person’s benefits when they are unable to manage their finances. This could be due to them...

What is an Advance Decision?

  • Posted

An Advance Decision, sometimes known as a ‘living Will’ is a set of instructions of measures you would like to refuse when you no longer have the capacity to give or refuse consent to treatment. This can surround both medical and health care...

Lasting Power of Attorneys - Health & Welfare

  • Posted

There are two types of Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA); one which deals with your Property and Financial Affairs and one which deals with your Health and Welfare. In this article, we will be discussing the Health and Welfare LPA. A Lasting Power of Attorney...

Managing affairs for a missing person

  • Posted

The Guardianship Act was bought into power in 2019 to help families deal with the affairs of a missing loved one. Prior to this act being bought in, the only way to deal with a missing person’s affairs was to make a declaration to the High Court that...