- New Enquiries
Gemma joined Johnson Astills in 2013 as a paralegal and qualified in 2016. Since qualifying Gemma has been working in predominantly in our Care Team, but also in our Crime Team. Gemma attended the University of Leicester where she obtained her Law degree in 2011 and completed the Legal Practice Course at The College of Law, Birmingham in 2012.
Gemma specialises in representing immediate and extended family members in all aspects of Childcare Law including:
- Care and Supervision Orders
- Placement Orders and Adoption
- Discharge of Care Orders and contact with a child in Care
- Special Guardianship Orders
- Pre-proceedings advice where Social Services are holding a Child Protection Conference or Pre-proceedings Meeting
- Advice regarding section 20 Children Act 1989
Gemma also provides advice and assistance to clients at the Police Station and represents clients at the magistrates and youth courts in relation to all levels of Criminal Offence.
Gemma is a member of the Specialist Law Society Children Panel and a member of the Association of Lawyers for Children.
Gemma is an Accredited Police Station Representative.
Team: Care Team; Crime Team