- New Enquiries
Jasmine obtained her Law degree at Sheffield Hallam in 2014. Following an internship at Amnesty International Australia, she joined the Care Team at Johnson Astills in 2017 as a paralegal and secured a training contract in 2021. Jasmine studied the LPC on a part-time basis whilst undertaking her training contract and was awarded an LLM of Legal Practice in October 2022. Jasmine qualified as a solicitor on 2nd March 2023.
Jasmine specialises in representing immediate and extended family members to all aspects of Childcare Law including:
- Pre-proceedings Advice where Social Services are holding a Child Protection Conference or Pre-proceedings Meeting
- Advice regarding section 20 Children Act 1989
- Advice to family members regarding a negative assessment completed by Social Services in relation to a family member’s ability to care for a child
- Care and Supervision Orders
- Placement Orders and Adoption
- Discharge of Care Orders and Contact with a child in Care
- Special Guardianship Orders
Jasmine is an accredited Police Station Representative and regularly represents clients at the Police Station.
Jasmine is a key member of the Coercive Police Powers Scrutiny Group through The Race Equality Centre whereby she scrutinises Leicestershire Police’s use of force.
Jasmine has extensive experience in working with asylum seekers and refugees at a number of local charities.
Teams: Care Team; Crime Team