Our Services

Civil Partnership Dissolution Solicitors

To Dissolve Your Civil Partnership

You must have been in a civil partnership for more than one year before you can make an application to the court and will need to provide evidence of one or more of following:

  • Unreasonable behaviour, such that you cannot reasonably be expected to continue to live with your civil partner
  • Separation for two years, where your civil partner consents to a dissolution order
  • Separation for five years 
  • Desertion by your civil partner for a period of two years prior to the application

If the court is satisfied that the civil partnership has broken down irretrievably, a dissolution order will be granted.

For further information please book a fixed fee consultation today with our Family law team so we can assess your case and offer useful guidance.